TOWSON PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
PLANTING AND CARE PLAN PROCEDURES
A. MANAGEMENT ORGANIZATION AND PROCEDURES
Maintenance divided up in monthly periods, coordinated by Monthly Chiefs with list of volunteer Stewards provided.
- Monthly Chief (MC) responsible for coordinating schedules of Stewards, communication needs, following the Planting & Care Plan, harvesting and maintenance needs as listed below as determined by the MC. Harvesting questions as well as planting opportunities can be directed to Ken or Carla.
- MC establishes a procedure for communication with and among Stewards to assure that tasks are accomplished as needed.
- MC and Stewards record their name, date and task accomplished in the Garden Journal – including the number of volunteer hours expended. It was decided that this was the most informative way to update the maintenance performed to accommodate MC and others who were “passing by” the garden.
- As needed, alert Harvesters when crops are to be harvested and delivered to ACTC and, if needed, consult with Advisors when plants need removal, pruning and/or new plants to be planted per Planting and Care Plan
- A BLOG http://tpcigg.blogspot.com/p/garden-log.html has been established to provide information to the community as well as others. This site will include information on plants, photos and opportunities of all to become more engaged in the garden.
- Watering, scheduled to fit needs of the garden and Stewards’ availability. Follow watering regimen -
- Weeding – as needed
- Staking – as needed to accommodate plant growth, mainly for tomatoes
- Pruning and plant removal to accommodate growth and new plantings
- Fertilizing – at the advice of the Advisors
- Composting – water occasionally